I'm Genevieve Willis and these are my family and friends. I recently uncovered a whole host of interesting (to me) family photos and other such items. I thought I would set up this blog - to help keep the spirit alive and to enable other members of my family / friends living abroad to also have access to them. If anyone else likes what they see - please feel free to let me know. Please do not use any of the photographs without permission - these are family items. Thank you.
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
WW2 Squadron Leader Albert Edward Kilsby - my grandfather
Flight Lieutenant Albert Edward KILSBY '(102086),
Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, No. 102
Squadron.
One night in January, 1944, this officer piloted
an aircraft which attacked Berlin. During the
operation, his aircraft was attacked by a fightei.
One engine was put out 'of action, the inteicommunication system rendered unserviceable and
other damage was sustained. Considerable height
was lost during the homeward flight but Flight
Lieutenant Kilsby succeeded in flying the badly
damaged aircraft to base. This officer has completed a very large number of sorties and throughout his courage and determination have always
been evident.
SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 22 FEBRUARY, 1944
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment